62nd ISI World Statistics Congress 2019 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Invited Paper Sessions (IPS) and Special Topic Sessions (STS)
The Chair of the Scientific Programme Committee (SPC), Yves-Laurent Grize, and the Chair of the Local Programme Committee (LPC), Rozita Talha, invite the statistical community to present proposals for the Invited Paper Sessions (IPS) and Special Topic Sessions (STS).
The 62nd ISI WSC 2019, to be held on 18-23 August 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, will highlight the developments and contributions of statistics and statistical science in all aspects of live, particularly the well-being and welfare of people. The 62nd ISI WSC 2019 will host talks and presentations on a wide variety of topics, with the overall goal of presenting a balanced programme that provides a sense of the current state and future direction of statistics and their applications.
Invited Paper Sessions
The SPC of the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 calls for proposals for Invited Paper Sessions (IPS). Invited Papers will be central to the success of the congress. The proposals should be submitted via the submission system, which is available on the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 website starting 1 January 2018. Details for the submission of proposals are as follows:
- When submitting a proposal, you should indicate if your session could be related to one or more of the ISI Associations;
- If you specify any Associations, choose a primary one and your proposal will be first reviewed by that Association under the guidance of its representative on the SPC.
- Guidance may include valuable suggestions for the proposal and may assist considerations of the proposal.
- If you think that your proposal does not relate to any ISI Association, choose ISI as the primary association.
- Proposals approved by the Associations and the ISI will be reviewed by the SPC on a competitive basis.
- Upon submission, you will be asked if you agree to have your session to be considered as a Special Topic Session (see below).
Each proposal should include a brief description and justification for the proposed session and a list of speakers and discussants who have agreed to participate. The selection criteria will take into account, scientific quality, impact and overall diversity.
To ensure full consideration, please submit your IPS proposals by 31 March 2018. For a list of SPC members and their e-mails, please visit ISI Scientific Programme Committee.
The ISI always tries to ensure that:
- The programme is of high quality, with sessions that emphasize innovative ideas, approaches and/or applications to problems of importance;
- The sessions have a balance of Organisers/Speakers/Discussants from around the world;
- The contents are clearly of interest; and
- The congress has a diversity of participants with respect to age, gender and statistical interests.
Special Topic Sessions
The Special Topic Sessions (STS) will be selected by the LPC. Proposals for STS can be submitted by individual members of the ISI and Associations, ISI Committees and special interest groups, or external institutions and organisations. IPS Proposals that are not selected by the SPC due to limitation of timeslots or for other reasons may be considered by the LPC as STS proposals, provided this is agreeable by the Organisers concerned. The submission of STS proposals will commence on 15 April 2018, and the closing will be on 15 August 2018.
More details on submission of STS proposal will be announced at a later date. Meanwhile, if you require additional information, particularly on requirements to arrange for an STS, to facilitate your early planning, please contact the LPC via e-mail at email@example.com.
Information about submission of Contributed Papers and Posters will be announced on the ISI and ISI WSC 2019 websites at a later date. The submission of CPS abstracts and papers will commence on 1 September 2018, and the closing will be on 31 January 2019.
Title and Abstracts Submission Open for STS
For further information about the WSC, please visit http://www.isi2019.org.
General enquiries about the Scientific Programme should be directed to Yves-Laurent Grize at firstname.lastname@example.org. For enquiries about Special Topic Sessions, please contact Rozita binti Talha or Ibrahim bin Mohamed at email@example.com.
For information about the ISI and its Associations, please visit https://www.isi-web.org/.
President International Statistical Institute (ISI)
Scientific Programme Committee (SPC) Chair