DATE AND VENUE
1. When and where will the congress take place?
The main congress will be held on 18-23 August 2019 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, while the 3-5 days pre-congress events will be organised mainly at Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Please click here for more information.
REGISTRATION AND FUNDING
2. Who can participate in the congress?
The congress is open to all.
3. When and how can I register for the congress?
Registration will be open from 1 December 2018 and participant can register via Registration System available on the website.
4. Where can I get information about the registration fees?
The information about the registration fees is available under the Registration tab.
5. Where can I get fund to participate in the congress?
The information on funding opportunities is available in the Awards and Funding section, under the Scientific Programme tab.
6. Will letter of invitation be issued?
Yes. The official letter of invitation will be issued to fully registered and paid participants as well as their registered accompanying persons. The letter is intended to help potential participants to obtain travel funds or a visa. The letter does not constitute any financial commitment on the part of the Congress. Formal request should be submitted to the ISI WSC 2019 Secretariat at [email protected].
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS/PAPERS
7. Can I submit more than one session proposal?
Yes, but in the event that both proposals are approved by the Scientific Programme Committee, the Committee will contact you to advise on how to proceed from there.
8. How can I submit a proposal/paper?
Submission of IPS and STS proposals is already closed. However, submission of contributed paper can be submitted via the Submission System until 31 January 2019. To submit a contributed paper, you will need: a title, an abstract, and a short paper (max of 6 pages). More information is available under Submission System tab.
9. Who will review the submitted proposals/papers?
Scientific Programme Committee will review the Invited Paper Sessions proposals while Local Programme Committee will review proposals for Special Topic Sessions and Contributed Paper Sessions.
10. Can I organise more than one Invited Paper Sessions (IPS) /Special Topic Sessions (STS)?
No. An individual can only organise one IPS or STS. However, any exceptions must be approved by the Chair of the Scientific Programme Committee or Local Programme Committee. All requests should be submitted via email to [email protected]. Please refer to the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 Guidelines for Participation which can be found here,
11. Can I serve as a chair or discussant in more than one session?
Yes. An individual can serve as Chair or Discussant in more than one session provided that there is no conflict in schedule. Please refer to the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 Guidelines for Participation which can be found here.
12. Can I be both an organiser and a chair or discussant in a session?
An individual, including the session Organiser, can take up the role of either Presenter or Chair or Discussant only. He/She cannot assume more than one role in a session. Please refer to the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 Guidelines for Participation which can be found here.
13. How should Speaker log in to submit IPS/STS abstract?
Speakers are required to log in to the system using the same email address as submitted by their Organiser in the IPS/STS proposal. This is the email address for speakers to register as Congress delegate as well.
If you are not sure of the email address as submitted by the Organiser, kindly contact your Organiser or or the support team via email [email protected].
14. Who is required to submit abstracts in IPS/STS?
Only speakers are required to submit abstracts. Organiser, Chair, Discussants and Panellists are not required to submit abstracts.
15. How does Organiser remove, add additional persons or change the role of the person in IPS/STS.
The Organiser needs to contact the Local Programme Committee for these changes to be done via email [email protected].
16. Can Organiser submit abstract on behalf of Speaker?
Speakers are required to submit abstracts through their ISI WSC 2019 account using the same email address as submitted by the organiser in the IPS/STS proposal.
If you are not sure of the email address submitted by your organiser, kindly contact your organiser or the support team via email [email protected].
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITION
17. How can company/organisation participate as a sponsor?
There are three Premier Sponsorship Tiers offered, i.e. Diamond, Gold and Silver and list of individual sponsorship items for organisations to choose from. Please refer to sponsorship opportunities available here.
You may also contact the following telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for any enquiries about the ISI WSC 2019 Sponsorship:
18. What are the benefits a company/organisation will receive as a sponsor?
Please refer to the various benefits offered for respective sponsorship package here.
19. How can a company/organisation participate as an exhibitor?
There are 2 types of specially designed exhibition booth to best suit individual organisation’s needs and budget, i.e. Standard Booth (floor area: 3m x 3m) and Premier Booth (floor area: 6m x 3m). Please refer to exhibition opportunities available here.
20. What are the benefits a company/organisation will receive as an exhibitor?
Please refer to the various benefits offered for respective exhibition package here.
21. Can my congress organisation/tourism enterprise work for the congress?
No. A Professional Congress Organiser has already been appointed for the congress.
22. Do I need visa to enter Malaysia?
Information on visa and entry requirements is available in Practical Information section under Plan Your Trip tab.
23. What language will the congress be in? Are translation services available?
The congress shall be conducted in the English language. There will be no translation facilities provided during the congress.
24. Any recommended hotels that close to the congress venue?
The information on suggested local hotels is available in the Accommodation section, under the Plan Your Trip tab.