DATE AND VENUE
1. When and where will the congress take place?
The main congress will be held on 18-23 August 2019 at Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, while the 3-5 days pre-congress events will be organised mainly at Sasana Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Please click here for more information.
REGISTRATION AND FUNDING
2. Who can participate in the congress?
The congress is open to all.
3. When and how can I register for the congress?
Registration will be open from 1 December 2018 and participant can register via Registration System available on the website.
4. Where can I get information about the registration fees?
The information about the registration fees will be available under the Registration and Accommodation tab on the website, to be announced in August 2018.
5. Where can I get fund to participate in the congress?
Funding opportunities will be announced at the Awards and Funding section under the Registration and Accommodation tab once available.
6. Will letter of invitation be issued?
Yes. The official letter of invitation will be issued to fully registered and paid participants as well as their registered accompanying persons. The letter is intended to help potential participants to obtain travel funds or a visa. The letter does not constitute any financial commitment on the part of the Congress. Formal request should be submitted to the ISI WSC 2019 Secretariat at email@example.com.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS/PAPERS
7. Can I submit more than one session proposal?
Yes, but in the event that both proposals are approved by the Scientific Programme Committee, the Committee will contact you to advise on how to proceed from there.
8. How can I submit a paper?
Submission of contributed paper must be made via the Submission System. To submit a contributed paper, you will need: a title, an abstract, and a short paper (max of 6 pages). Templates will be made available on website by end-August 2018.
9. Who will review the submitted proposals/papers?
Scientific Programme Committee will review the Invited Paper Sessions proposals while Local Programme Committee will review proposals for Special Topic Sessions and Contributed Paper Sessions.
10. Can I organise more than one Invited Paper Sessions (IPS) /Special Topic Sessions (STS)?
No. An individual can only organise one IPS or STS. However, any exceptions must be approved by the Chair of the Scientific Programme Committee or Local Programme Committee. All requests should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 Guidelines for Participation which can be found here,
11. Can I serve as a chair or discussant in more than one session?
Yes. An individual can serve as Chair or Discussant in more than one session provided that there is no conflict in schedule. Please refer to the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 Guidelines for Participation which can be found here.
12. Can I be both an organiser and a chair or discussant in a session?
An individual, including the session Organiser, can take up the role of either Presenter or Chair or Discussant only. He/She cannot assume more than one role in a session. Please refer to the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 Guidelines for Participation which can be found here.
13. How can company/organisation participate as a sponsor?
There are three Premier Sponsorship Tiers offered, i.e. Diamond, Gold and Silver and list of individual sponsorship items for organisations to choose from. Please refer to sponsorship opportunities available here.
You may also contact the following telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for any enquiries about the ISI WSC 2019 Sponsorship:
14. What are the benefits a company/organisation will receive as a sponsor?
Please refer to the various benefits offered for respective sponsorship package here.
15. Can my congress organisation/tourism enterprise work for the congress?
No. A Professional Congress Organiser has already been appointed for the congress.