- 2nd International Prize in Statistics
The Award, which was inaugurated in 2017, recognises the major achievement of an individual or team in the field of statistics. The prize helps raise media and public awareness on the growing importance of statistics to modern life and promotes understanding of the myriad and diverse ways statistics affects the lives of every person alive today.The Award is organised by 5 leading international statistics organisations, namely, the American Statistical Association, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, International Biometric Society, International Statistical Institute, and Royal Statistical Society. Application for the Award has already closed on 15 August 2018. Details of the Award are available at here.
- 2019 Mahalanobis International Award
The Award is sponsored by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation of the Government of India. The Award recognises an individual from a developing country or region, for lifetime achievements in statistics and the promotion of best statistical practices in a developing country or region. Application for the Award has already closed on 31 August 2018. Details of the Award are available at here.
- 2019 Jan Tinbergen Awards for Young Statisticians
The Awards are for best papers by young statisticians addressing statistical problems of real relevance in building statistical capacity in countries with limited statistical infrastructure. ISI invites submission of papers for the 2019 Jan Tinbergen competition. The winners will present their papers in the special Tinbergen session at the 62nd ISI WSC 2019. Application for the Award has already closed on 30 September 2018. Details of the Award are available at here.
- World Bank Trust Fund for Statistical Capacity Building for the 62nd ISI WSC
The ISI and the World Bank Group are pleased to announce funding opportunities for participants of the developing country to attend the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, on 18-23 August 2019. The objective of World Bank Trust Fund is to improve the capacity of statistical officers and academics in developing countries by improving their statistical knowledge to develop statistical systems through the active participation in international conferences and workshops.Participants from developing countries may apply for support to attend the 62nd ISI WSC 2019 and associated events from the ISI’s allocation from this fund. Application submission date has been closed on 15th January 2019. Details on the World Bank Trust Fund are available at here.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) Funding for Participants from ADB Developing Member Economies (DME) for the 62nd ISI WSC 2019
Participants from developing countries may apply for support to attend the WSC and associated events from the ISI’s allocation from this fund. A committee representing the diversity of the ISI family selects participants for this funding on the merit of their contribution to the WSC and its associated events, and to their country. Application submission date has been closed on 8th February 2019. Details on the ADB Funding are available at here.
The funding application has been closed and the successful candidates will be notified individually by Asian Development Bank (ADB). If you have not received any notification, we truly regret to inform that you are unsuccessful in obtaining the funding. We thank you for your application and look forward to seeing you at the ISI WSC 2019
- The European Free Trade Association (EFTA) generously offered funds to support participants preferably working in economic statistics in National Statistical Offices (NSO) in countries in the following regions: ENP-East / EECCA, ENP-South. Application for this funding has already closed on 15 February 2019. Details on the EFTA funding are available at here.
- Financial Support for Malaysians to participate in 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress 2019 (ISI WSC 2019). A limited amount of financial support is available to participants from Malaysia. The support is made available by the ISI WSC 2019 local organisers i.e the Department of Statistics, Malaysia (DOSM), Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Malaysia Institute of Statistics (ISM) to encourage participation of Malaysians at the main congress and short courses for learning, exposure and establishment of network with international statistical community. Details are available at here.