Financial Support for Malaysians to participate in 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress 2019 (ISI WSC 2019)
A limited amount of financial support is available to participants from Malaysia. The support is made available by the ISI WSC 2019 local organisers i.e the Department of Statistics, Malaysia (DOSM), Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Malaysia Institute of Statistics (ISM) to encourage participation of Malaysians at the main congress and short courses for learning, exposure and establishment of network with international statistical community.
- Malaysian students pursuing tertiary education (undergraduate/post graduate) in the field of statistics, data science & analytics, mathematics, computing or equivalent in public or private higher learning centres in Malaysia and remain as student by 18 August 2019; or
- Malaysian with working experience of 3 years or less in the fields of statistics or equivalent (early-career statisticians) and remain working in Malaysia by 18 August 2019.
Amount of support
The amount of available fund is limited, so in most cases, the organisers can provide only partial support towards registration fees for ISI WSC 2019 and short courses, travel and accommodation expenses. Financial support for accommodation will only be granted for participants residing outside Klang Valley. Applicants are encouraged to also explore other options to supplement the support.
- Recipients of funding must attend the entire 5-day congress (main congress) or full programme of short courses.
- The applicants are required to submit a one-page report to the organisers on how they benefitted from participating in the main congress.
- All successful applicants will automatically become ISM members for 3 years, where the yearly membership fees will be borne by the organisers.
Complete and submit the Malaysian Financial Support Application Form together with the relevant supporting documents as follows:
- A copy of MyKad; and
- A signed recommendation letter from the employer or faculty supervisor (for students).
Please submit your duly-completed Malaysian Financial Support Application Form and supporting documents via e-mail to Puan Hanija Jaafar ([email protected]) and Puan Yee Chee May ([email protected]) on or before 18 July 2019. Submission later than the closing date will not be considered. Successful applicants will be notified via email by 31 July 2019.
All submissions will be evaluated by the ISI WSC 2019 Financial Support Committee, and the committee’s decision is final.